Ideas
Explore the world's #1 largest database of ideas and innovations, with over 400,000 inspiring examples.
Insights
Uncover major shifts and emerging opportunities with our exclusive PRO research.
Trend Reports
Discover why 750 brands rely on our AI-powered Trend Reports to get better, faster insights.
Newsletter
Join over 200,000 subscribers who rely on our weekly newsletter to keep up with need-to-know trends and insights.
Books
Join 20,000,000+ people getting better and faster with our New York Times Bestselling methods, best innovation books & keynote videos.
Dashboard
Get special access to premium content, topic tracking and customizable tools through our AI-powered Dashboard.
AI
Learn how the Trend Hunter harnesses the power of artificial intelligence.
Assessment
Enhance your innovation potential with a deeper understanding of your unique innovation archetype and how your organization benchmarks.
Overview
Accelerate innovation and ignite disruptive thinking with our award-winning programs and research.
Keynotes, Workshops & Webinars
Empower your team with the insights and frameworks they need to innovate better and faster.
Custom Research
Get fast, customized trend reports, presentations and deep dives 20x faster than traditional research.
Plans
Get started today with a free consultation, our self-serve tools, or a dedicated program.
Jeremy Gutsche
Ignite your event or virtual event with our CEO, a NY Times Bestselling Author and one of the top innovation keynote speakers.
Our Team of Speakers & Virtual Presenters
Inspire your group with our most popular speakers on innovation, trends, change and futurism.
Contact
Get in touch to learn more, ask a question or submit a tip.
About Us
Learn more about Trend Hunter and how we accelerate innovation.
FAQ
Get answers to common questions about Trend Hunter.
Community
Stay on the cutting-edge with the help of the Trend Hunter community.
Team
Meet the team trusted by hundreds of leading businesses worldwide.
Jobs
Find opportunities to accelerate your career with the #1 Trend Firm.
News
Catch up on noteworthy Trend Hunter news and media mentions.
Join
Build a portfolio and put your trend-spotting abilities to the test.
Advertising
Supercharge your marketing by partnering with Trend Hunter.
Portfolio
Visit your public portfolio and browse your past articles.
Add a Trend
Write up an article and showcase your trend-spotting skills.
My Trends
Edit your articles and see how they stack up on the leaderboards.
Settings
Edit your profile, connect your social media accounts, and more.
Add a trend, customize your dashboard, or track topics.
Future Festival
World Summit
Join the world's top innovators at our FREE Virtual event.
eLearning (NEW)
Prepare for the year's ahead with 100+ lessons, tactics, tools and frameworks with our full learning database.
Free Webinars
During COVID-19, learn to innovate through chaos, navigate the new normal and maintain work culture from home.
Innovation Events
Explore our 2020 tour dates and find the best city to inspire your team.
Custom Events
Host a custom innovation conference in your city that will inform and inspire.
Custom Training
Bring the Future Festival experience directly to your team with custom training packages.
Search our database of over 390,000 cutting edge ideas.

Most Fans Paid NOTHING for Radiohead Album (UPDATE)

— November 8, 2007 — Pop Culture
Since Radiohead's online release of In Rainbows, with its pay-what-you-will business model, there's really been no word about how well that worked out for the band. Now research is showing that 62% of the fans who downloaded the album from the site from October 1 to 29 paid absolutely nothing for it. The remaining 38% paid an average of $6.

comScore Inc., a consumer research firm that monitors computer users' online behavior, put together the figures from several hundred people who are part of comScore's database of two million computer users worldwide.

1.2 million people visited the site designed to handle orders for the digital download of the album, the 7th release of Radiohead's 11-year career. comScore couldn't confirm how many of those fans actually purchased the album, but American fans seem to be lovin' Radiohead a bit more than people outside the US. 40% of US residents paid an average of about eight dollars for the album, while outside the US, 36% dished out an average of $4.64 for it.

Radiohead are still fielding offers for US distribution of the album, but have already signed a deal for European distribution under XL.

1.5
Score
Popularity
Activity
Freshness