ONergy is a social business that works in India in order to provide clean, renewable, equitable and sustainable energy to rural populations. Its focus is on cooking, LED lighting and electrification for the base of the pyramid (BoP).
Energy poverty is an international problem, but what's more, it's an issue that directly affects the entire world not only because of the climate change consequences. In 2012, International Energy Agency (IEA), the Development Programme (UNDP) and the Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) released a study explaining that UN goals to tackle poverty should take seriously bringing safe electricity to less-industrialized countries.
ONergy is just one energy-focused social business working toward this goal.
ONergy on Facebook
ONergy on Twitter
ONergy Works in Rural India Toward Sustainability and Equity
1. Clean Energy Revolution - ONergy is a catalyst for the clean energy revolution in rural India with a focus on renewable energy and electrification for the base of the pyramid.
2. Rural Energy Access - ONergy is expanding rural energy access in India through sustainable solutions such as cooking, LED lighting and electrification.
3. Bop Energy Solutions - ONergy is providing innovative energy solutions to the base of the pyramid (BoP) population in India, working towards sustainability and equity.
1. Renewable Energy - ONergy provides opportunities for renewable energy companies to innovate and offer sustainable energy solutions in rural India.
2. Social Entrepreneurship - ONergy demonstrates the potential for social entrepreneurship to drive positive change in energy poverty and rural development in India.
3. Rural Development - ONergy highlights the need for and potential of rural development initiatives to provide energy access, and serve as drivers of sustainability and equitable growth.