Ondo by Kenyon Yeh is easily one of the most visually appealing coat racks around. "Visually appealing" is not a term often used to describe coat racks; however, Yeh's minimalist creation is just that. What's better is that it's highly functional and easy to assemble. Ondo can be put together from flat-pack without any tools. Once assembled, it can hold a max of 10 coats and has six hooks, which can be used to hold hats or purses.
There has been a recent push among designers to make furniture easier to assemble. Gone are the days of needing screwdrivers or hammers to put things together. Furniture such as Ondo by Kenyon Yeh and Nendo's latest office furniture can be put together using basic items (coins, in the case of Nendo) or bare hands.
'Ondo' by Kenyon Yeh is a Contemporary Cloak Carrier
1. Flat-pack Furniture - The trend of making furniture easier to assemble with minimalist designs and basic tools is disrupting the furniture industry opportunities.
2. Minimalist Design - The trend of minimalist design for everyday home items like coat racks is creating opportunities for designers to disrupt traditional product design.
3. Tool-free Assembly - The trend towards tool-free assembly in furniture is providing opportunities for innovation, user convenience, and better environmental impact.
1. Furniture - The furniture industry is being disrupted by the trend of flat-pack minimalist designs that are easy to assemble. This is creating new opportunities for manufacturers and designers.
2. Home Decor - The trend of minimalist design for everyday home items like coat racks is disrupting traditional home decor opportunities by offering sleek, modern design solutions.
3. Sustainability - The trend towards tool-free assembly in furniture is providing opportunities for sustainability in the furniture industry by reducing packaging waste, transportation costs, and ecological footprint.