Black and white photographer Oleg Andreev sends powerful messages through his moving portraits, which follow lonely women through a variety of emotions. The Russian photographer is an expert in connecting with his subjects on a personal level, reaching the deepest and most raw, unexposed places through his lens. Some distant and some close-up, there's a certain dainty solace about each of them, conveyed through the subject's relationship to the their surroundings and their solem and unchanging facial expressions.
Though he offers little information about himself, and allows his exquisitely emotional photos to speak for themselves, the choice quotes he features on his site portray everything his photographs stand for. My personal favorite is from Edward Henry Weston, who says, "The camera sees more than eye, so why not make use of it!"
Oleg Andreev Captures Desolate Yet Hopeful Emotion in Monochrome
1. Black and White Photography - Opportunity for innovative techniques and artistic expression in black and white photography.
2. Emotional Portraits - Disruptive potential in capturing and conveying deep emotions through portraits.
3. Connecting with Subjects - Opportunity for new approaches to building personal connections with photography subjects.
1. Photography - Innovation in the field of photography techniques and artistic expression.
2. Art - Disruptive potential in the art industry for emotional and introspective portraits.
3. Personal Development - New opportunities for personal growth and connecting with others through photography.