This photo series of old superheroes is more than meets the eye. It doesn't simply bring attention to what comic book and fairy tale characters would look like when they've aged. The title itself, 'Not About Death,' suggests that. Instead, these old superheroes highlight three strong individuals who have been interpreted as different characters depending on their life experience. Touching and humorous, the images will resonate with others in various ways.
Shot by photographer Romina Ressia, the old superheroes appear to be captured on their deathbed. About one of her subjects, Ressia says, "I knew she would be happy to do this photographs, she is so smily and funny person; she is always ready to help and really knows how to enjoy life. I think I never saw her with bad humour in all these years…That is why I choose her to be Wonder Woman."
Photographer Romina Ressia Makes Characters Vulnerable and Relatable
1. Aging Superheroes - Opportunity to explore the concept of how iconic characters from comic books and fairy tales would age and evolve.
2. Life Experience Interpretation - Exploring how life experiences can shape the identities and roles of fictional characters, providing new perspectives and narratives.
3. Emotional Resonance in Art - Highlighting the power of art to evoke strong emotions and resonate with viewers on a personal level.
1. Photography - Innovative photography techniques and concepts that challenge traditional narratives and push the boundaries of visual storytelling.
2. Entertainment and Media - Opportunities to re-imagine and expand existing characters and storylines to cater to different audiences and demographics.
3. Art and Design - Exploring the intersection of art, culture, and identity through creative reinterpretations of familiar characters and narratives.