At Paris Fashion Week this year, the Off-White fashion show treated audiences to a myriad of looks directly inspired by the iconic Princess Diana. As this season marks the 20th anniversary of her death, designer Virgil Abloh consulted hundreds of images of the people's princess to inform the creation of his latest collection.
The Spring 2018 Ready-to-Wear Off-White looks that walked down the runway offered a modern take on some of Princess Diana's most iconic fashion looks, including tartan day suits, cocktail suits, as well as bold graphics and polka dots.
For the finale of the show, supermodel Naomi Campbell closed the show wearing an unconventional combination: a tailored white asymmetrical jacket and a pair of stretchy bicycle shorts, effectively fusing popular formalwear and athleisure styles.
The Latest Off-White Fashion Collection Pays Homage to Princess Diana
1. Princess-inspired Fashion - Opportunity for designers to create collections inspired by iconic fashion icons and revolutionize the fashion industry.
2. Reviving Iconic Looks - Creating a new market of fashion products by revitalizing old fashion styles with modern twists.
3. Athleisure in Formalwear - Opportunity for designers to fuse popular athleisure styles with traditional formalwear and create innovative fashion pieces.
1. Fashion Industry - To create a whole new market of fashion products inspired by iconic fashion icons by reviving old fashion styles with modern twists and fusion of popular athleisure styles.
2. Textile Industry - Designers need the textile industry to support and supply the materials and products for the creation of new and innovative styles.
3. Media Industry - Opportunities for media outlets to capitalize on the trend by creating content about the new fashion collections and celebrity fashion icons it showcases.