Graduate students at the New York City School of Visual Arts have created what is perhaps the most original golf course ever in Off Course, an 18-hole mini golf course inspired by phobias.
Each hole was designed by a student and is themed around a different phobia. Most of these holes feature phobias I have never heard of before, such as vidigamephobia (fear of video games) and barophobia (the fear of reversed gravity).
Each hole has a creative and quirky design, which makes me really, really want to play through the entire course. Of course I can't, but you can if you visit the school during the hours that the exhibition is on. The graduating class of 2012 is going to have a hard time topping Off Course.
Off Courses Features 18 Phobia-Themed Holes
1. Themed Mini Golfing - Designing miniature golf courses around a theme could offer a unique and entertaining experience for golf lovers.
2. Health-related Themed Courses - Creating courses themed after physical or mental health conditions could raise awareness and educate while providing entertainment.
3. Experimental Entertainment - Developing experimental and unique forms of entertainment that deviate from traditional experiences could attract interest and attention.
1. Golf - Golf courses can explore incorporating these creative themes to offer unique experiences for their customers.
2. Healthcare - Hospitals or clinics can use themed mini golf courses to help educate patients and visitors about various health conditions.
3. Entertainment - Theme parks or other entertainment companies could consider incorporating themed mini golf courses as a new and unique form of attraction.