The latest issue of NYLON magazine was printed with alternate covers, one featuring Blake Lively and the other Leighton Meester, both of whom stars of the hit TV series Gossip Girl.
It's a great marketing approach for the magazine, as fans of the show (or the celebs) will instantly be attracted to both covers. A true collector would probably go so far as to purchase both, despite the inner content being the same.
The issue features a beautiful editorial spread of Blake, who plays Serena Van Der Woodsen on the show, and Leighton who plays Blair Waldorf.
NYLON Features 2 Gossip Girls Covers
1. Dual Covers - Printing alternate covers for a magazine can attract more customers and collectors alike.
2. Celebrity Marketing - Using celebrities to promote a brand or product can appeal to existing fans and attract new ones.
3. Editorial Spreads - Featuring beautiful editorial spreads can enhance the overall appeal and value of a magazine.
1. Magazine Publishing - The magazine publishing industry can leverage the strategy of printing dual covers to attract and retain more customers.
2. Celebrity Endorsement - Celebrity endorsement is a powerful marketing tool for various industries such as fashion, beauty and entertainment.
3. Photography - The photography industry can play a significant role in creating stunning editorial spreads for magazines and brands.