This Numéro February 2014 editorial combines glamours garments with rough warrior-wear.
Photographer Jean-Baptiste Mondino snaps up this vigorous style shoot set in a cold concrete gym and surrounded by training equipment. Model Othilia Simon has her brown hair short and full of body, while her eyes are decorated with a striking red eye shadow that packs a visual punch and makes her look like a warrior.
The styling in this Numéro February 2014 fashion shoot is all about juxtaposition. Silky and luxurious garments that wouldn't be out of place and an upscale cocktail party are paired with hard harnesses and chalked up hand wraps. It looks as though Simon is training for a big boxing match, or to be the world's most fashionable superhero. She stretches, does cartwheels, jumps on the trampoline and even climbs a rope.
Jean-Baptiste Mondino Shot Othilia Simon for Numéro February 201
1. Fashion as Sport - Opportunity for fashion brands to incorporate sport elements and materials into clothing lines to create functional and stylish athletic wear.
2. Juxtaposition Style - Opportunity for fashion designers to experiment with combining contrasting elements in their designs to create unique and edgy styles.
3. Warrior-inspired Makeup - Opportunity for makeup companies to create bold and striking makeup looks inspired by warriors and fighters to cater to the growing demand for unconventional makeup styles.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can incorporate both luxury and functional elements in their clothing lines to appeal to a wider range of buyers.
2. Sports - Sports and athletic companies can collaborate with fashion brands to create stylish and functional athletic wear that combines technology with fashion.
3. Beauty - Makeup companies can cater to the growing demand for unconventional and bold makeup styles by creating warrior-inspired makeup collections and tutorials.