Refined wood may look stunning almost all of the time, but there are moments when natural, raw finishes are more appreciated: Enter North on Sixty. They displayed their most recent work at the Interior Design Show 2011 and it was made up of fabulous pieces that featured the great, gritty grain of their materials.
Considering that North on Sixty's material is reclaimed from old barn wood, I'm not surprised at the amazingly aged look that it acquires. From cabinets to tables and sofas, their line is quite expansive.
North on Sixty Showcases Showcases Woodwork Masterpieces at IDS11
1. Reclaimed Wood Furniture - Exploring the demand for furniture made from reclaimed materials to create rustic and eco-friendly designs.
2. Raw Finish Trend - Embracing the beauty of raw, unprocessed wood finishes to create a more authentic and natural aesthetic.
3. Grain-focused Design - Shifting the focus to the unique and gritty grain patterns of wood to create visually interesting and textured furniture pieces.
1. Interior Design - Capitalizing on the growing demand for unique and sustainable furniture designs that incorporate reclaimed wood.
2. Furniture Manufacturing - Incorporating raw wood finishes and reclaimed materials into furniture production to cater to the eco-conscious consumer market.
3. Home Decor Retail - Curating and selling furniture pieces that showcase the beauty of raw wood and the natural imperfections of the material.