North Korean travel is a tricky business given the country's totalitarian dictatorship, but a new app is helping travelers plan trips to the Asian country. Designed by British tech startup Uniquely.Travel, the tourism app is meeting the need for increased travel interest. While the one-party state grapples with foreign tourism, the app includes thousands of original pictures, detailed information on tourist attractions, a phrase book and advice on trip planning and booking.
According to the North Korean travel app project manager Chad O'Carroll, North Korea attracts more travel interest than a developing country with comparable GDP. This perverse sort of attention likely comes from the secretive nature of the government. While the app is helpful, Western tourists are still at great risk when traveling to North Korea.
A New Tourism App Helps You Travel to the Asian Totalitarian State
1. North Korean Travel - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing safety measures and services for Western tourists traveling to North Korea
2. Tourism Apps - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating user-friendly travel apps that provide detailed information and resources for unique and challenging destinations
3. Secretive Government Tourism - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing platforms and solutions that cater to the curiosity and interest in traveling to countries with secretive governments
1. Travel and Tourism - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrating advanced technology, such as augmented reality and virtual reality, to enhance the travel experience and provide safer options for travelers
2. Technology Startups - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Establishing innovative startups that focus on catering to unique travel needs in unexplored or challenging destinations
3. Security and Risk Management - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating advanced security measures and risk management solutions for travelers venturing into high-risk destinations