Nokia has teamed up with the Italian car maker Lamborghini for this limited edition 8800 Sirocco phone. The phone contains Lamborghini made ball bearings for the sliding mechanism and the logo is laser etched on the front and stainless steel casing along with the serial number. Only 500 phones will be made and they are reserved exclusively for Lamborghini customers. (GUSH Magazine)
Implications - The idea of exclusivity is a very favorable one in the eyes of the consumer. By creating products every so often that are 'limited-edition' or contain the message 'while supplies last,' companies appear more high-end and their products convey an appealing aura of desirability for consumers.
1. Exclusivity Marketing - Companies can explore creating limited edition products to appear more high-end and convey an appealing aura of desirability for consumers.
2. Brand Collaboration - Collaboration between brands from different industries can create unique and desirable products for consumers.
3. Customized Manufacturing - Manufacturers can incorporate specialized, high-end components in their products to create luxury versions for high-end consumers.
1. Luxury Car - Luxury car brands like Lamborghini can collaborate with phone companies to create unique and exclusive products for their customers.
2. Consumer Electronics - Companies in the consumer electronics space can explore creating customizable high-end versions of their existing products for niche markets.
3. Manufacturing - Manufacturing companies can incorporate specialized components with high-end materials to create bespoke versions of their products.