As Highsnobiety reports, Uniqlo will start to unveil the 25 winning contest entries that will decorate its new Nintendo collection of t-shirts.
The contest, which has been occurring on an annual basis since 2005, allows anyone around the globe to enter their designs -- with no restrictions on nationality, gender, or age whatsoever. As the 16,000 entries to 2017 competition for the Nintendo collection shows, consumers have a lot nostalgic feelings towards the Japanese video game company that they were able to pull from.
The winning designs will be available from Uniqlo stores internationally, and the designer in first place will receive $10,000 USD, as well as have the opportunity to attend a special ceremony in Japan.
This Nintendo Collection from Uniqlo Features Designs from a Contest
1. Video Game Fashion - Designing apparel inspired by popular video game franchises can provide a lucrative market for fashion brands and allow fans to express their love for the games they enjoy.
2. Global Design Competitions - Creating global design competitions open to everyone can provide opportunities for brands to collaborate and generate marketable designs.
3. Community-driven Collections - Allowing consumers to submit designs for apparel collections can create a sense of community and emotional connection to the brand.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can capitalize on the popularity of video games by designing collections inspired by popular franchises.
2. Gaming - Gaming companies can generate additional revenue streams by partnering with fashion brands to create merchandise based on their games.
3. Design - Opening global design competitions to the public can create opportunities for designers to showcase their work and for brands to generate fresh design ideas.