The 'Ning' Lamp by Studio Pinwu is a creatively crafted lamp that takes form of a Chinese lantern.
It was created by Studio Pinwu designers Zhang Lei, Christoph John and Jovana Bogdanovic of China, Germany and Serbia. The three designers spent two years conducting research on natural and traditional materials extracted from the Yuhang region in China. They've collaborated to produce a nifty collection of furniture and home decor that's made with specialized crafts of bamboo, water silk floss, porcelain and paper.
This lamp takes form of a transparent drape that sits like floating strings of silk. It's made with a mixture comprised of bamboo, porcelain power and epoxy resin. It's a combination of using new and traditional materials. The Ning lamp by Studio Pinwu combines the forces of contemporary craftsmanship and ancient techniques.
Photo Credits: designboom, pinwu.net
The 'Ning' Lamp by Studio Pinwu is a Modern Revamp
1. Creative Chinese Lanterns - The 'Ning' Lamp by Studio Pinwu showcases the trend of creatively crafted Chinese lanterns that combine contemporary design with traditional materials.
2. Specialized Crafts in Furniture and Home Decor - The 'Ning' Lamp is part of Studio Pinwu's collection that highlights the trend of using specialized crafts like bamboo, water silk floss, porcelain, and paper in furniture and home decor products.
3. Combining New and Traditional Materials - The 'Ning' Lamp exemplifies the trend of combining new materials like bamboo and epoxy resin with traditional materials in innovative designs.
1. Home Furnishings - The 'Ning' Lamp suggests disruptive innovation opportunities for the home furnishings industry by integrating traditional Chinese craftsmanship with contemporary design elements.
2. Lighting - The 'Ning' Lamp presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the lighting industry through its creative approach to Chinese lanterns and the use of specialized materials.
3. Craftsmanship - The 'Ning' Lamp showcases the potential for disruptive innovation in the craftsmanship industry by combining new and traditional materials in unique and stylish designs.