The Nike Air Zoom UNVRS sneaker has been designed by Elena Delle Donne as a footwear option for those with disabilities to keep them comfortable and supported. Designed with the FlyEase system, the sneakers feature a folding heel section that allow wearers to easily slip their foot in and out, while an accompanying strap will provide secure support. The shoe can also be put on with one hand to further streamline the wearer's ability to slip it on without the need for assistance.
The Nike Air Zoom UNVRS was designed by Donne with insight from her sister who lives with disabilities in order to ensure the utmost attention to true accessibility. The sneaker is set to be available starting November 2019.
The Nike Air Zoom UNVRS Allows for Easy Access and Wear
1. Disability-accommodating Sneakers - Designing footwear options for people with disabilities that prioritize comfort and support.
2. Flyease System - Developing innovative shoe designs that feature a folding heel section and an accompanying strap for easy access and secure support.
3. Single-handed Shoe Application - Creating shoe designs that can be put on with one hand to enhance accessibility and independence for wearers.
1. Footwear - Exploring opportunities for designing inclusive sneakers to meet the needs of people with disabilities.
2. Fashion - Integrating adaptive and inclusive designs into the fashion industry to provide accessible and stylish options for people with disabilities.
3. Assistive Technology - Utilizing innovative design techniques to develop assistive technologies that enhance accessibility and independence for individuals with disabilities.