Nike joins forces with WNBA athlete Elena Delle Done to reveal her first signature sneaker with the sportswear giant -- the Nike Air Deldon silhouette. The shoe is defined by the brand's signature Flyease system for easy accessibility for an inclusive mindset.
Delle Donne is a strong advocate for inclusivity as her sister struggles with putting on traditional shoes due to her physical limitations. The sneaker is made with a color palette that blends together hues of blue and gray for a cool tonal look. The upper is detailed with blue and black speckles along with red branding and colorful accents to follow. This includes the gray and yellow laces that are adorned with multi-tonal patterning.
Image Credit: Nike
Elena Delle Donne Launches a Nike Air Deldon Sneaker
1. Inclusive Sneakers - There's a potential for more brands to prioritize the creation of inclusive footwear that incorporates adaptive features for individuals with physical limitations.
2. Flyease Technology - Flyease technology has been a game-changer in the footwear industry, making it easier for individuals with disabilities to put on and take off their shoes.
3. Athlete Signature Series - The success of Elena Delle Done's signature sneaker shows a growing trend of athletes partnering with major footwear brands to release their own signature series with a message and purpose behind them.
1. Sportswear - The sportswear industry has the potential to further embrace inclusivity by incorporating adaptive technology to cater to individuals with disabilities.
2. Footwear - The footwear industry can explore the opportunity to design sneakers with a focus on accessibility and comfort for individuals with physical limitations.
3. Athletics - Athletic brands can continue to collaborate with athletes to create innovative footwear that reflects their values and aids in their performance on the court or field.