Many plastic eating utensils are manufactured well enough to be used, then washed and used again several times, yet this is not typically what occurs. New Money Silverware exudes a more expensive design that encourages this more resourceful and eco-friendly behavior.
Tomas Ekström has given this fork and knife set a much more elegant appearance with long and slender lines, gentle curves and a glossy silvery finish. The pieces almost look as if they've come from your kitchen cutlery drawer; the giveaway is the prominent recyclable symbol that's been imprinted.
The designer doesn't seem to like the idea of throwaway implements, yet the New Money Silverware collection will hopefully remind consumers of the energy and the materials that go into these items, and hopefully promote their repeated reuse.
New Money Silverware Elevates Plastic Cutlery from Single-Use
1. Sophisticated Disposable Spoons - There is an uptick in demand for eco-friendly disposable utensils with better style, which offers a potential disruptor to the single-use utensils market.
2. Reusable Disposable Utensils - A new trend towards creating disposable utensils that are not only recyclable, but also look and feel like high-end silverware presents an opportunity for innovation.
3. Eco-friendly Tableware - A trend towards more sustainable dining options, including tableware, provides opportunities for innovation in the materials used and design of these products.
1. Plastic Utensils - The plastic utensils industry may need to pivot to eco-friendly and reusable design and materials, as there is increased consumer demand for stylish and sustainable tableware.
2. Eco-friendly Products - There is potential for businesses creating eco-friendly products to expand into the disposable utensils market, with an emphasis on sustainability and style.
3. Silverware Industry - The traditional silverware industry may face competition as consumers look for eco-friendly options, presenting an opportunity for innovation in the design and materials used in silverware products.