Contemporary manufacturing techniques enable us to shift away from primarily cylindrical drinking vessel designs. These Nesting Cups by Owen Read might even have a more organic appearance than most, but they have been deliberately developed to make the best use of close-packed cupboards.
Using CAD software to come up with the most efficient form for the 3D-printed glasses, the creator settled on a more sculptural hexagonal shape of concave and convex sides that fit up against the other identical tumblers flawlessly. All faces are touching, leaving no gaps between the clustered cups -- cups that do not sacrifice capacity or ergonomics. These Nesting Cups by Owen Read can be held comfortably within one's grip and they channel their contents to one's lips quite effectively.
These Nesting Cups Make the Best Use of Space for Crockery Storage
1. Organic Vessel Designs - The shift away from primarily cylindrical designs presents an opportunity to explore more organic shapes and forms.
2. Efficient 3D Printing - Using CAD software and 3D printing to create optimized forms opens up opportunities for more efficient manufacturing processes.
3. Space-saving Storage Solutions - Developing nesting and compact designs offers an opportunity to maximize storage space for crockery and other items.
1. Kitchenware - Innovative vessel designs and space-saving solutions can disrupt the kitchenware industry by offering unique and efficient products.
2. Design and Manufacturing - The use of CAD software and 3D printing in the creation of optimized forms presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the design and manufacturing industry.
3. Home Organization - Developing space-saving storage solutions for crockery storage can disrupt the home organization industry by providing efficient and practical options.