Filling Pieces is an Amsterdam-based footwear label that successfully juxtaposes luxe fashion with streetwear designs and for Spring/Summer 2018, the brand is boasting a nostalgic neon fashion campaign. The brand hopes to tap into the "visual lexicon of (its) youth" and to implement related notions within the modern day context. Shot by French photographer Viktor Vauthier, the neon fashion campaign features athletic-inspired 90s footwear with cinematic and mutely colored backgrounds, intensely emphasized by neon lighting that bleeds within the framework of the photographs and give off an even stronger vintage feel.
In its upcoming Spring/Summer 2018 collection, Filling Pieces brings back classic silhouettes with an updated look, as well as a brand new line of boots.
Image Credit: Viktor Vauthier
Filling Pieces Emphasizes Old School Designs for 2018 Lookbook
1. Nostalgic Fashion - Opportunity for brands to tap into consumers' desire for nostalgia by incorporating vintage elements into modern designs.
2. Neon Campaigns - Using neon lighting in fashion campaigns to create a visually striking and retro aesthetic.
3. Athletic-inspired Footwear - Demand for sneakers and athletic shoes that draw inspiration from the 90s athletic style.
1. Footwear - Footwear brands can embrace nostalgic design elements and neon campaigns to attract consumers.
2. Fashion Photography - Photographers can experiment with neon lighting techniques to create captivating and nostalgic fashion imagery.
3. Retail - Retailers can capitalize on the popularity of nostalgic fashion and athletic-inspired footwear by offering curated collections and collaborations.