As far as unique houses go, this one is pretty up there. The Nautilus House is designed as a snail shell by architects at Senosiain Arquitectos for a Mexico City young couple with two children who, after living in a conventional home, wanted to change to one integrated with nature.
The abode takes the shape of a shell and the interiors flow smoothly to gel with the exteriors. The multi-colored mosaic glass reflects the daylight adding to the drama while the spherical skylights ensure natural lighting throughout the house. I love this house.
The Nautilus House
1. Unique Houses - There is an opportunity to disrupt the housing industry by designing and building more unique and unconventional homes.
2. Integration with Nature - There is potential for innovation in creating homes that seamlessly blend with the natural environment, enhancing the connection between residents and nature.
3. Innovative Use of Glass - Exploring new ways to utilize mosaic glass and incorporate it into architecture can lead to the development of visually striking and environmentally friendly buildings.
1. Real Estate - Disruptive innovation opportunities exist in the real estate industry by focusing on offering unique and nature-integrated housing options that stand out in the market.
2. Architecture - There is room for disruptive innovation in architecture by pushing the boundaries of design and creating more unconventional structures that challenge traditional building approaches.
3. Glass Manufacturing - Innovative use of mosaic glass in architecture opens up opportunities for the glass manufacturing industry to develop new products and technologies for sustainable and visually appealing buildings.