In addition to the outrageous Gisele Bundchen cover, the new issue of V Magazine features a 26-page, visually stunning photoshoot of supermodel Naomi Campbell.
Shot on the streets of Manhattan by Mario Sorrent in an edgy black and white style, Naomi wears the “most far-out looks and exaggerated shapes of the season” chosen by stylist Jane How. It’s all about dramatic cuts, from Viktor & Rolf’s outlandish DREAM coat to creations by Balenciaga and Lanvin.
Campbell shines in the shoot, entitled ‘The Empire Strikes Back’, with a plethora of fierce looks and poses that only a supermodel of her caliber could muster.
This new July / August Fall Preview #54 issue of V Magazine is out on July 15.
Naomi Strikes Back in V Magazine
1. Dramatic Cuts - Opportunity for innovative designers to experiment with exaggerated shapes and bold cuts in fashion.
2. Black and White Style - Potential for photographers and stylists to create visually stunning photoshoots using a minimalist black and white aesthetic.
3. Street Fashion - Growing trend of showcasing fashion in authentic street settings, providing opportunities for collaborations with urban brands and designers.
1. Fashion Design - Fashion designers can explore innovative ways to incorporate dramatic cuts and exaggerated shapes into their collections.
2. Photography - Photographers can experiment with the black and white style to create visually striking images for fashion editorials and campaigns.
3. Streetwear - Streetwear brands can collaborate with fashion magazines and stylists to showcase their designs in street settings, tapping into the trend of authentic street fashion.