Namasthé Tea Co. is a social business that offers a holistic tea experience. Based and handcrafted in Whistler, British Columbia, Namasthé Tea’s products include a variety of fair trade and certified organic tea – both loose and in tea bags – all packaged in 100 percent post consumer boxes. Namasthé Tea Co. emphasizes dharma and ancient healing mantras in order to combine today’s sustainability movement and ethical practices with conscious teachings of the past.
Currently, Namasthé Tea Co. is 100 percent BullFrog wind powered, which means they use clean, renewable electricity. Furthermore, all of the tea bags (which themselves are made of renewable Manila hemp), strings, tags and compostable envelopes create the compost material for the next batch of tea.
Isabelle Ranger, head “TEO” (she made up her very own “T language” with her daughter), is a consultant herbalist and is committed to created a truly local product. The price of the teas are evidence of what it takes to grow organic tea in Canada, as well as ensure that employees receive Canadian wages.
Namasthé Tea Co. is currently available in select grocery stores on the West Coast of Canada, from British Columbia to Manitoba, but plans on expanding to Canada’s East Coast in the future.
Some of their blends include Earl Grey, Echina Chai, Jasmine Green Dragon and Fresh Tracks Breakfast. The creativity of the names of the teas match the intrigue of the blend. For instance, Mountain Mint is a blend of peppermint, spearmint and spicy wild mints, and Savasana, named after a yoga relaxation pose, is a calming tea with chamomile blossoms, linden leaf, lemon verbena and lemon balm.
Namasthé Tea Co. hopes to become the first tea business that is able to excel in terms of ethical certifications, waste and carbon offsetting.
Namasthé Tea Co. Website
PO Box 1044
Toll Free: 1-877-807-0880
Namasthe Tea Co. Creates an Ethical Balance
1. Sustainable Tea Production - Opportunity for businesses to create a sustainable and ethical tea production line similar to Namasthe Tea Co.
2. Eco-friendly Packaging - Opportunity for businesses to create eco-friendly packaging and implement compostable materials.
3. Combining Modern Sustainability with Ancient Teachings - Opportunity for businesses to combine modern sustainability practices with ancient teachings and traditions.
1. Tea Production Industry - Tea production companies can implement sustainable and eco-friendly practices to make their products more ethical and environmentally friendly.
2. Packaging Industry - Opportunity for packaging companies to create and distribute eco-friendly packaging materials for tea products.
3. Wellness Industry - Opportunity for wellness companies to incorporate ancient teachings and traditions into their sustainable and environmentally friendly products.