Contemporary examples of design practices have proved that every object has a multi-functional potential that can elevate one's experience of a given product. Earbuds and headphones a great example of this, especially when considering startup Nēsos' interesting case study about the possibility of earbuds being a tool for the relief from pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis. This is an autoimmune disease that causes joints to swell and bones to wear down.
The company is looking into the multi-functional potential of the earbud to send an electrical current through the inner ear. During trials, Nēsos has found promising results. As of right now, the startup is troubleshooting "the optimal electrical signal to send through the earbuds and whether that signal ultimately needs to be tailored to individual patients."
Image Credit: N?sos
Nēsos is Exploring the Multi-Functional Potential of Earbuds
1. Multi-functional Earbuds - The trend of earbuds with multiple functionalities opens up opportunities for innovative applications beyond just listening to music.
2. Electrotherapy Devices - The trend of using electrical stimulation for therapeutic purposes presents disruptive innovation opportunities in healthcare and wellness industries.
3. Personalized Medical Devices - The trend of tailoring medical devices to individual patients' needs creates opportunities for personalized treatments and improved effectiveness.
1. Consumer Electronics - The consumer electronics industry can explore the potential of multi-functional earbuds for integrating new features and enhancing user experiences.
2. Healthcare - The healthcare industry can benefit from the development of innovative electrotherapy devices that offer non-invasive pain relief and treatment options.
3. Medical Technology - The medical technology industry can seize the opportunity to create personalized devices that cater to the specific needs of patients with conditions like rheumatoid arthritis.