Casio has announced the launch of its newest MR-G series timepiece called the MRG-B5000BA-1JR and it features a slick black and blue titanium design scheme.
The new wristwatch makes heavy use of Ti64 titanium, which is three times stronger than regular grade titanium. This material is used throughout the design, on its case, buttons, strap, and back cover. In addition, the watch features a scratch-resistant Cobarion bezel, blue Ion-plated detailing, and an all-black DLC finish. Other notable features include a built-in stopwatch, world clock, timer, alarms, auto-calender, and LED backlighting. What's more, the watch comes equipped with a solar-powered battery that can last up to 22 months on a full charge.
For those interested, the MRG-B5000BA-1JR is currently only available to purchase in Japan but should receive an international release in the coming weeks.
Image Credit: Casio
Casio Releases the Ultra-Tough 'MRG-B5000BA-1JR' Watch
1. Ti64 Titanium - The use of Ti64 titanium in watches presents an opportunity for disruption in the luxury timepiece industry by offering a stronger and more durable material for watch design.
2. Solar-powered Batteries - The use of solar-powered batteries in watches opens up an opportunity for innovation in the wearable technology industry by offering a sustainable energy source for devices.
3. Scratch-resistant Materials - The development of scratch-resistant materials in watch design provides an opportunity for innovation in the jewelry and accessories industry by offering customers products that are not easily damaged.
1. Luxury Timepiece Industry - The use of Ti64 titanium alloys offers a new frontier in watch design, creating opportunities for luxury watch manufacturers to differentiate product offerings.
2. Wearable Technology Industry - The use of solar-powered batteries will open up a whole new range of opportunities for wearable technology devices, with longer and more sustainable battery life.
3. Jewelry and Accessories Industry - The use of scratch-resistant materials can be applied across a range of products, creating new opportunities to innovate in the jewelry and accessories industry by offering enhanced durability and long-lasting luxury products.