A person looking to resign from a company on amicable terms may want to take some cues from Mr. Cake (Chris Holmes). He decided to write his inspirational resignation letter in black icing on top of a simple white rectangular cake. Not only does this soften the blow, but it also inadvertently advertises the reason for Mr. Cake's departure. He has decided to pursue his passion for baking cakes.
A former immigration officer for the UK Border Force, Mr. Cake decided to treat his boss and co-workers to a spiced carrot cake with pecans, sultanas and coconut. It was topped off with orange icing. Of course, they could do nothing but wish him the best.
Chris Holmes a.k.a Mr. Cake Deliciously Resigns from UK Border Force
1. Creative Resignation Gestures - Opportunities for companies and individuals to turn a resignation into a positive branding moment through creative and thoughtful gestures.
2. Passion Pursuits as Career Changes - An emerging trend of individuals leaving traditional jobs to pursue their passions - creating opportunities for innovative businesses that can support and enable such career changes.
3. Bespoke Cakes for Special Occasions - An increasing preference for bespoke and personalized cakes for various occasions including resignations and job transitions, opening avenues for businesses specializing in creative cake designs and customization.
1. Human Resources - Innovative HR practices focused on employee retention, talent acquisition, and positive branding through exit processes.
2. Food and Beverage - A new market for bespoke cake designers and customization services catering to special events and special occasions.
3. Online Platforms - Opportunities for online platforms that enable and support individuals to pursue their passions and monetize their skills through business ventures - such as baking and cake design - for a career change.