Earlier, we covered the Amex Red Card for Project Red, the AIDS charity campaign led by Bono. Now, Motorola is releasing Motorola Project Red Slvr, the first mobile phone dedicated to the cauase. The phone is sexy, and you can brag about how you're helping The Global Fund to eliminate AIDS in Africa. Sign up for the waiting list on the link below.
Implications - Companies who seek out opportunities to demonstrate their charitable ways will likely encounter positive reactions from society as a whole. Through introducing new product packaging -- like these red gadgets -- businesses can not only instill excitement over new products, but they can publicize their charitable efforts.
1. Charitable Gadgets - Creating exclusive, stylish gadgets that support a charitable cause can increase brand recognition and social impact.
2. Cause-marketing Partnerships - Collaborating with charities and non-profits can provide mutually beneficial opportunities for brands to support a cause and increase awareness for their products and services.
3. Socially Conscious Consumer Products - Designing products with a social cause in mind can appeal to socially conscious consumers and expand a company's customer base while supporting a good cause.
1. Mobile Technology - Manufacturers of mobile phones and related technology can partner with charities to create charitable gadgets that align with their brand values and increase their social impact.
2. Consumer Electronics - Designers and manufacturers of consumer electronics can incorporate social causes into their products to appeal to socially conscious consumers and increase brand recognition.
3. Retail - Retailers can create and sell exclusive products that support a social cause, providing customers with a unique and socially responsible shopping experience.