Gentlemen, it seems black and grey are always in fashion. Seen in the gallery, and described in more detail below, are Wallpaper Magazine’s most wanted fashion menswear looks straight from the runways of Milan for 2009.
1. Jil Sander: Velvet, bonded and pressed into a new softer shape.
2. Bottega Veneta: Our knit of choice, a turtleneck in cashmere ‘tweed’.
3. Prada: Grey and severe, the news is in the shape and shoulder.
4. Gucci: Skinny tailoring dominated the Gucci offer, note the shorter length.
5. Missoni: Black flannel double faced with plaid mohair.
6. Alexander McQueen: One of McQueen’s dapper gang of boxers.
7. Burberry Prorsum: Christopher Bailey championing the snood.
8. C.P Company: Here as across Milan the cardigan was key.
9. Neil Barrett: Tailored scarves.
10. Dolce and Gabbana: Chauffeur chic.
Couture Straight from the Fall 2009 Runways of Milan
Vincent Salera — February 16, 2009 — Fashion