The 'More Women' campaign by Elle UK wants to change the way we understand feminism by looking at the most powerful positions in the world. These striking images of important political events have removed the men from each scenario, often resulting in one or a few women in power. When all the male politicians are removed, the pictures tend to resemble eerily empty rooms, which only goes to show the immense disparity between men and women in power.
The #MoreWomen campaign wants to create more positive conversations that support women in powerful positions, rather than simply comparing women to their male counterparts. These images that are in the current issue of Elle UK are part of larger campaign that includes a film produced by Alex Holder and Alyssa Boni from RSA films that raises similar questions.
The 'More Women' Campaign Looks at Politics Without Men
1. Gender Representation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating more inclusive and diverse environments in politics and other powerful positions.
2. Feminist Advocacy - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Promoting positive conversations and actions that empower women in leadership roles.
3. Visual Activism - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Using impactful visual storytelling to challenge societal norms and inspire change.
1. Political - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Reimagining political structures and policies to achieve gender equality and representation.
2. Media & Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating more diverse and inclusive content that challenges stereotypes and biases.
3. Advertising & Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Establishing campaigns and initiatives that promote gender equality and empowerment through visuals.