This unique modular shelving unit by designer Thomas Feichtner is made from fiber cement, which is a sustainable materials that also happens to be extremely lightweight, rigid and weather-resistant. On top of this, what makes the Basso Shelf System so unique is that it is assembled with a series of pegs, making it possible to create your own shelving system from as many or as few units as needed.
Because the fiber cement Basso system is made from concrete and has weather-resistant properties, the shelving is practical for use outdoors, since its units can be stacked horizontally or tall to create bookshelf-like shapes. The design is perfectly suited to storing firewood, wine or even books.
This Modular Shelving Unit Uses Pegs to Lock Shelves in Place
1. Modular Shelving - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create customizable shelving systems that can be easily assembled and disassembled using pegs.
2. Sustainable Materials - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop lightweight and weather-resistant materials that are also eco-friendly for various applications.
3. Outdoor Storage Solutions - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design versatile storage units that can withstand outdoor elements such as weather and provide functional solutions.
1. Furniture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduce innovative furniture designs that offer flexible and customizable storage solutions for homes and offices.
2. Construction - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate sustainable and weather-resistant materials into construction practices, offering durable and eco-friendly solutions.
3. Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop modular and weather-resistant shelving units for stores to create adaptable displays that can be easily rearranged.