The modern chairs engineered by Swedish firm Johanson Design take inspiration from sleek trousers and the history of fashion. The seats, known as the Frankie, offer a sleek wire structure coupled with supple and plushed cushioning that adds a contemporary flare to any space.
The Frankie seats are aesthetically structure to replicate the look of a pair of trouser suspenders. The seats are made from a series of four metallic legs and a wired Y-shape that runs across the back seat. The design mimics the style of a pant brace that runs across the back of the wearer. This gives the furniture pieces a humanistic quality while simultaneously adding an element of life to the design. The seats are then covered in sleek and bold cushion colors including yellow, oxblood and white.
Photo Credits: designboom, johansondesign
The Frankie Modern Chairs are Designed to Look Like a Pair of Men's Pants
1. Trouser-inspired Seating - Opportunity for furniture companies to explore innovative designs that mimic clothing to create unique and stylish seating options.
2. Contemporary Flare - Opportunity for interior design industry to incorporate sleek and bold cushion colors in furniture to create a modern and trendy aesthetic.
3. Humanistic Design - Opportunity for designers to create furniture pieces that mimic human elements, adding an element of life and personality to the design.
1. Furniture - Opportunity for furniture companies to innovate and create seating options that are inspired by fashion trends.
2. Interior Design - Opportunity for interior designers to incorporate modern and trendy seating options into their designs with sleek and bold cushion colors.
3. Design - Opportunity for designers to explore unique and humanistic approaches in furniture design by mimicking clothing styles and incorporating human elements.