This commercial somehow finds a commonality between skinny jeans, middle-aged men and Mitsubishi Cooling and Heating.
The ad is for Mitsubishi Cooling and Heating systems, also known as Mitsubishi Comfort. The tag line is “Don’t get caught out of your comfort zone.” In an attempt to draw a parallel between this slogan and the skinny jeans fad, the company sets the commercial in what looks like a trendy clothing store.
A middle-aged man walks in and asks to see some pants. The snobby saleswoman suggests skinny jeans because they are hip right now. Skeptical, the man heads into the change room and struggles to get them on. When he returns, he can barely walk. He tries to stretch a little and the top button flies off. According to this ad, skinny jeans equals the same comfort level as not having Mitsubishi Cooling and Heating.
Mitsubishi Cooling and Heating Gets You in Your Comfort Zone
1. Personalized Marketing - Using personalized marketing strategies to appeal to customers' individual comfort needs
2. Comfort-based Advertising - Creating advertising campaigns centered around the idea of comfort and convenience
3. Lifestyle Marketing - Tying consumer products to individual lifestyles and comfort needs
1. HVAC - HVAC manufacturers can create more compelling advertisements around the benefits of personalized comfort to appeal to a wider range of customers.
2. Retail - Retail stores can use personalized marketing strategies to appeal to their customers' need for comfort in both clothing and other purchases.
3. Consumer Goods - Consumer goods companies can tie their products to consumers' individual lifestyles and comfort needs, creating an emotional connection to the brand.