The Miley Cyrus 2013 AMA performance took her love of cats to the next level; not only was the star's skimpy two-piece outfit adorned with cats, the singer also performed in front of a screen featuring a giant, virtual kitty.
The CGI feline was the focal point of the entire performance, even lip-syncing the lyrics along with Cyrus. And when the song—the heart-wrenching ballad ‘Wrecking Ball’—reached the pinnacle of emotion, the kitten burst into tears. As if that wasn’t enough cute overload, the floating tabby ended the song with Cyrus’s notorious wink and tongue wag.
This performance is one of many on a long, illustrious list of Cyrus’s attention-grabbing appearances—perhaps it won’t be her most recognized, but it’s definitely her most adorable.
The Miley Cyrus 2013 AMA Gig was an Ode to Cat Ladies
1. Virtual Celebrity Performances - The use of CGI technology to create lifelike virtual celebrities opens up new possibilities for captivating and engaging performances.
2. Incorporation of Mascots in Performances - Integrating mascots or animated characters into live performances adds a unique and endearing element to entertain audiences.
3. Emotional Engagement Through Visual Effects - Using visual effects, such as a virtual kitten crying, enhances emotional connection between performers and viewers, creating lasting memories.
1. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can explore the use of virtual celebrities and mascots to create captivating performances and enhance audience experiences.
2. Technology - Advancements in CGI technology and visual effects present disruptive innovation opportunities for the technology industry to revolutionize virtual experiences.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Incorporating mascots and emotional engagement techniques in marketing and advertising campaigns can leave a lasting impact and increase brand recognition.