Brooklyn-based company MikMak has created a new app that puts a funny and laugh-inducing twist on those poorly-acted, gimmick-filled TV infomercials. The app takes advantage of stand-up comedians' personalities, with smartphone users able to enjoy infomercials created specifically for the mobile generation.
The infomercials encourage consumers to purchase a wide variety of products, each of which has an accompanying 30-second clip that shows a picture of the product followed by a funny sales pitch. The app doesn't sell anything that costs over $100 and doesn't sell items with sizes -- such as clothing -- in order to keep the checkout process fast and seamless.
What MikMak is doing at the most fundamental level is tapping into Generation Z's desire for more intelligent and targeted advertising, whilst also poking fun at the old-school infomercials that young people find unbearably bad.
MikMak's New App Puts a Funny Twist on Horrible TV Infomercials
1. Intelligent Advertising for Generation Z - MikMak's app taps into Generation Z's desire for more intelligent and targeted advertising.
2. Funny Twist on Infomercials - MikMak's app puts a funny and laugh-inducing twist on traditional TV infomercials.
3. Fast and Seamless Checkout Process - MikMak's app ensures a fast and seamless checkout process by selling products under $100 and excluding sizes like clothing.
1. Mobile Advertising - MikMak's app shows the potential for intelligent and targeted advertising on mobile platforms.
2. Entertainment - MikMak's app combines humor and entertainment to create a unique infomercial experience.
3. E-commerce - MikMak's app highlights the importance of a fast and seamless checkout process in e-commerce.