Andi Schreiber's middle-aged photography series, titled 'Pretty Please,' examines desirability after the age of 25.
Our youth-obsessed culture has little regard for a middle-aged suburban mom, but Schreiber refuses to fade away into the abyss just because she's no longer a nubile college co-ed. Instead, she confronts our society's prejudice against aging head-on with her powerful images. She explains, "When I was in my thirties I heard the expression 'Invisible Forties.' I couldn't imagine how sexually inconsequential I’d feel throughout this decade.”
Despite continuing to feel sexual, Schreiber felt as though society was quick to revoke her status as a sexual being. Her documentary-style photos unabashedly present an alternative portrait of beauty and sexuality; one that doesn't discriminate against wrinkles and sagging skin.
Andi Schreiber Explores Desirability in her Middle-Aged Photography
1. Age-inclusive Beauty - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop beauty products and services that cater to the unique needs and desires of middle-aged individuals.
2. Body Positivity - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create platforms and campaigns that challenge societal beauty standards and promote self-acceptance at any age.
3. Midlife Empowerment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Offer resources, communities, and events that empower middle-aged individuals to embrace their sexuality and redefine societal norms.
1. Beauty and Skincare - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop age-specific products and treatments that address the skin concerns of middle-aged individuals.
2. Fashion and Apparel - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design clothing lines that celebrate diverse body types and cater to the fashion preferences of middle-aged individuals.
3. Media and Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create inclusive and authentic media representations of middle-aged individuals in advertising campaigns and entertainment content.