Interesting new tool from Microsoft - AdCenter technology can predict a customer's age, gender, and other demographic information according to his or her online behaviour that is, from search queries and webpage views. For example, Ebay users in the UK are more likely to be female, those searching on "Microsoft" are more likely to be male, 35-49. With an undisclosed sample size - not sure of its accuracy - but worth a play.
Implications - In modern society, technology has become incorporated into almost every aspect of the daily lives of consumers. Businesses looking to remain at the forefront of the industry must constantly be pushing their own boundaries to deliver the most cutting-edge products.
1. Online Demographic Prediction - The use of machine learning and AI to predict demographic information based on online behavior presents opportunities for targeted advertising and personalized marketing.
2. Adtech Advancement - The development of AdCenter technology by Microsoft is just one example of how the AdTech industry can continue to innovate and improve advertising capabilities.
3. Data-driven Marketing - The ability to collect and analyze customer data to make accurate predictions about their demographic information opens the door to more personalized and effective marketing strategies.
1. Advertising - The AdTech industry can leverage machine learning and AI to revolutionize advertising tactics and improve the customer experience.
2. Marketing - Data-driven marketing strategies that use predictive analytics can give businesses a competitive edge by delivering personalized campaigns that are tailored to the specific needs and preferences of their target audience.
3. E-commerce - The use of demographic prediction tools can help e-commerce businesses to better understand their customer base and tailor their offerings accordingly, leading to increased conversion rates and customer loyalty.