One Sotheby's International Realty announced a partnership with Voxel Architects and Gabe Sierra whereby the group will create the 'MetaReal' phygital mansion. The MetaReal is an 11,000 square-foot home that is being actively constructed in Miami alongside a direct virtual counterpart. The MetaReal virtual mansion is being created inside the Sandbox metaverse platform and will be directly tied to a collectible digital NFT asset.
Gabe Sierra stated that the "metaverse counterpart of the home will serve as an extension of the real-world home," meaning that the owner will be able to utilize their digital home in nearly every way that they can utilize their physical one, with the exception of using it as a living space. The digital home can be decorated and organized for a variety of events, such as virtual interviews, meetings, get-togethers, and other social events.
Image Credit: One Sotheby's International Realty, Voxel Architects
The MetaReal is a First-of-its-Kind Home with a Direct Digital Counterpart
1. Phygital Homes - There is potential for construction and design companies to innovate phygital homes that allow people to experience an extension of their physical home in a virtual environment.
2. Virtual Assets - There are opportunities for companies to create virtual assets that complement physical assets, such as collectible digital NFT assets that are tied to physical property ownership.
3. Metaverse Architecture - Companies can explore the potential of metaverse architecture by creating structures that exist in both the physical and digital realms.
1. Real Estate - The real estate industry can innovate by creating phygital homes and exploring the potential of virtual assets for property ownership.
2. Construction - Construction companies can create innovative designs for phygital homes and explore the potential of metaverse architecture.
3. Technology - Technology companies can develop platforms and tools for creating and experiencing virtual assets and metaverse architecture.