For most parents, training one's toddler to sleep through the night is a tedious task, which is why Little Hippo created Mella -- an all-in-one-clock designed to teach a young one the rules of waking up through the night.
When most kids burst through a parent's door at 4:30 in the morning, it isn't because they're acting out, it's because they don't know any better. To encourage children to stay in their rooms until an appropriate hour, Mella utilizes three simple colorways and a basic emotive interface. Mella glows a soft blue during sleeping hours, transitioning to a yellow to alert a child it's almost time to wake up, and finally switching to green when the parent-selected wake-up hour has been reached. In addition, Mella will display a smiley face when it's okay to get up, helping a child identify what's right from wrong.
Mella by Little Hippo Helps Train a Child to Sleep Through the Night
1. Sleep Training Child Clocks - Mella by Little Hippo helps train children to sleep through the night with a color-coded system.
2. Emotive Interfaces - The use of emotive interfaces in products like Mella can help children understand and follow routines more easily.
3. Parenting Tools and Gadgets - The market for parenting tools and gadgets like Mella is growing as parents seek innovative solutions to common challenges.
1. Children's Products - Mella falls under the children's products industry and offers a unique approach to sleep training.
2. Smart Home - Mella is a smart home device that fits into the growing market of connected home technology.
3. Education Technology - The use of color-based systems in Mella highlights the potential for innovation in educational technology and child development.