Locking your bike is pretty safe, but under the circumstance that someone gets it out of the lock, you would hope a bystander might take action.
The Meerkat Removeable Mudguard Lock is a safe way to lock a bike; however, if somebody figures it out then a witness would be helpful.
The Meerkat Removeable Mudguard Lock acts as a back tire mudguard, but can be removed, flipped up and connected to the lock. On the mudguard is the owner's height, sex, and age.
The trick is that hopefully an observant bystander would quickly differentiate between the description of the owner and a potential thief. Under theft conditions and police notification, information can be used from the bike to pinpoint its location on Google Maps.
Meerkat Removeable Mudguard Lock for Watchful Witnesses
1. Bystander Bike Security - A trend of bike locks that encourage bystanders to take action, creating a safer environment for bike riders.
2. Multi-purpose Bike Accessories - A trend of bike accessories that serve dual functions, such as mudguards that also act as locks.
3. Smart Bike Features - A trend of bike features that incorporate technology to improve safety and security.
1. Bicycle Manufacturing - Opportunities for bike manufacturers to design locks and accessories that prioritize safety and security.
2. Technology - Opportunities for technology companies to develop smart bike features that enhance bike security.
3. Security and Protection Services - Opportunities for security and protection services to incorporate bike security into their offerings, such as monitoring and recovery services for stolen bikes.