Given many people in New York City and other urban centers don't have cars, this ride-sharing app is going to start offering medical transportation services. Lyft is partnering with the National TransMed Network to offer senior citizens a new way to get to their doctor appointments. This collaboration also helps Lyft reach a new demographic -- the elderly.
According to the Lyft blog, the medical transportation program is first being piloted in the Big Apple, where more than half of the population do not drive. Folks aged 65 and over have unique transport-related needs, which Lyft is trying to address. Older people are also less likely to have smartphones, so they are introducing a third-party web request product called Concierge.
Lyft is Offering the Elderly Medical Transportation via the Web
1. Senior Ride-sharing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop specialized ride-sharing services tailored to the unique transport needs of elderly individuals.
2. Medical Transportation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create technology platforms or partnerships that provide convenient and accessible medical transportation services for elderly patients.
3. Elderly-focused Apps - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design user-friendly apps targeted at elderly individuals that address their specific transportation requirements.
1. Ride-sharing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Partner with senior care organizations to offer specialized ride-sharing services for elderly individuals.
2. Transportation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop technology solutions that bridge the gap between medical facilities and transportation services to enhance accessibility for elderly patients.
3. Mobile App Development - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Build intuitive and inclusive mobile apps that cater to the unique needs of elderly individuals, including transportation services.