There's luxury. And then, there's LUXURY. The men's watches and accessories designer, Roland Iten, falls into the latter. This company has started an uber-luxury product line of hi-precision, solid-gold, mechanical belt buckles. These fine trouser-accessories will cost you a whooping $25,000. Think, Swiss-made watches... only for your slacks.
Implications - Despite recession, many affluent consumers continue to indulge in luxury goods and are spending more on extravagances, from high end fashions to luxury vacations. Because this market is still alive and well, high end products created for luxury-lovers, like this belt buckle, are still able to thrive in the face of economic turmoil.
Roland Iten's Belt Buckles
1. Affluent Luxury Consumption - Opportunity for high-end brands to cater to affluent consumers who still prioritize indulging in luxury goods despite economic downturns.
2. Hi-precision Accessories - Innovation in the development of intricately crafted and mechanically complex accessories, such as Roland Iten's solid-gold belt buckles.
3. Luxury Continues to Thrive - Despite economic challenges, the luxury market remains resilient, presenting opportunities for businesses to create exclusive and expensive products.
1. Luxury Fashion - The fashion industry can explore new ways to create high-end accessories, like Roland Iten's belt buckles, that cater to affluent consumers.
2. Watchmaking - The watchmaking industry can apply their expertise in precision engineering to create luxury accessories with intricate mechanical features.
3. Luxury Retail - Luxury retailers can tap into the market of affluent consumers who prioritize indulging in luxury goods and create exclusive products like hi-precision belt buckles.