High-end outdoor fashion brand Patagonia has put together a sister brand called Patagonia Provisions that focuses on providing quality, healthy and ethically sourced meal products to consumers. The concept of a food brand goes hand-in-hand with Patagonia's retail chain since many outdoor and wilderness expeditions incorporate food. Patagonia Provisions aims to tackle the food crisis to provide properly treated meat options and locally grown foods to consumers in a chemically saturated industry.
The company is an activist program that hopes to address the lack of quality in mass-produced foods by providing consumers a place to seek out healthier alternatives. Shoppers can purchase both cookware and foods from the site, including locally sourced pink salmon, buffalo jerky and soups. In addition, the site provides healthy food ideas and recipes to aid in meal prepping.
Patagonia Provisions Provides Ethically Sourced Meal Products
1. Ethically Sourced Food - The trend of providing ethically sourced and locally grown foods can be an opportunity for businesses who want to cater to the growing demand of conscious consumers.
2. Health and Fitness-oriented Retail Chain - The trend of incorporating health and fitness-oriented products and services into a retail chain can change the game for businesses looking to cater to health-conscious consumers.
3. Activist Programs in Retail Industry - The trend of spreading awareness about social and environmental issues through products and services can be an opportunity for businesses who want to drive change.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can benefit from providing healthier and ethically sourced meal products as consumers become more conscious about their food choices.
2. Outdoor Apparel and Accessories - The outdoor apparel and accessories industry can create a sister brand focusing on health and fitness-oriented products that compliment their existing product lines and improve customer retention.
3. E-commerce Retail - The e-commerce retail industry can benefit from incorporating activist programs that provide knowledge and support for social and environmental initiatives, pulling conscious consumers towards their brand.