mDiagnostica is a social business that delivers healthcare to rural areas in India via mobile technologies, while maintaining focus on scalability and sustainability. The enterprise's objectives are to decrease the cost of healthcare in these regions, and greatly increase access to doctors and medical supplies.
"A shortage of physicians, combined with the dearth of specialists in rural areas, creates life-threatening inequality and signifcant challenges for delivering healthcare in rural India," the website explains. "mDiagnostica creates enterprise mobile software to improve the affordability and accessibility of medical care in rural areas. Our flagshop product is a platform solution which allows health workers in the field to access remote diagnoses for their patients."
Run on Android, the mDiagnostica service lets rural healthcare workers access and update patient information on the mobile devices such as family history, previous test results, symptom history, and prescribed medications. Health workers can also capture photos to document any visible physical symptoms, and securely upload the entire consultation, even in regions where signal strength is weak.
mDiagnostica is run by a team of four social entrepreneurs, including Nigel Tunnacliffe , a Skoll Scholar and serial entrepreneur, and Tyler Knight , an Oxford business major and Healthcare Management grad. mDiagnostica was recently selected by London-based incubator Village Capital as a social venture to invest in.
mDiagnostica Leverages Mobile Tech for More Efficient Healthcare
1. Mobile Healthcare Solutions - mDiagnostica leverages mobile technology to deliver healthcare to rural areas, providing a disruptive innovation opportunity for the mobile health industry.
2. Remote Diagnoses - mDiagnostica's platform solution allows health workers in the field to access remote diagnoses, presenting a disruptive innovation opportunity for the telemedicine industry.
3. Healthcare Accessibility - mDiagnostica aims to increase access to doctors and medical supplies in rural areas, creating a disruptive innovation opportunity to improve healthcare access in underserved communities.
1. Mobile Health - The mobile health industry can leverage mDiagnostica's mobile healthcare solutions to improve access and affordability of healthcare services.
2. Telemedicine - mDiagnostica's remote diagnosis capabilities provide a disruptive innovation opportunity for the telemedicine industry to expand access to medical care in remote areas.
3. Healthcare Technology - mDiagnostica's focus on using mobile technology to improve healthcare access creates a disruptive innovation opportunity for the healthcare technology industry to develop innovative solutions for underserved communities.