If you thought that the McDonald's Angus Burger was mouth-watering before, think again. A recent innovative advertisement by Leo Burnett in Puerto Rico had McDonald's going up in smoke -- literally -- to promote their tasty burger.
The McDonald's Angus Burger was advertised using grill smoke with delicious pictures and words projected onto it. Hats off to creative director Victor Cabezas for making this smoky billboard a possibility.
Implications - Advertisements that are unique tend to incorporate unconventional ways to grab attention. This is because of the copious amounts of clutter that consumers view daily. Therefore, by using unique methods such as "smokvertising" companies can ensure that the consumer will most likely remember it over other advertising methods such as print, billboards, radio and television.
The Mcdonald's Angus Burger Goes Up in Smoke Billboard
1. Smokvertising - Innovative advertising that incorporates smoke into billboards or displays to create attention-grabbing visuals and lasting impressions.
2. Unconventional Advertising - Creative ways of presenting a product or service to create a stronger emotional connection between the consumer and the brand.
3. Multi-sensory Marketing - Creating experiences that appeal to multiple senses, such as incorporating smells or touch, to make a brand more memorable and increase engagement.
1. Fast Food - Incorporating new and unique forms of advertising can help fast food companies stand out in a crowded market and create lasting brand impressions.
2. Outdoor Advertising - Innovative outdoor advertising methods like smokvertising can help billboards and other displays create more engagement with consumers, making them more effective at promoting brands and products.
3. Advertising - As consumer attention spans continue to shrink, developing more creative and unconventional advertising techniques will become increasingly important for brands to get noticed and increase their market share.