The Maxim Magazine July-August 2014 cover shoot centers around a handful of crisp blue and white images that will have people not only dreaming about Russian model Irina Shayk, but also of a much needed vacation at some tropical destination. Although it follows the usual beach photoshoot formula of topless shots and smoldering stares, the images are refreshing.
Shot by photographer Russell James, the Maxim Magazine July-August 2014 cover shoot exclusively showcases blue and white swimsuits that complement the brunette beauty's envious backdrop. In the accompanying article, Shayk says, “I don’t care about people’s opinions, and neither does Cristiano. Some people like you; some people hate you. You have to be strong.” She will next be seen not in a magazine, but on the big screen in 'Hercules.'
The Maxim Magazine July-August 2014 Cover Shoot Stars Irina Shayk
1. Editorial Swimsuit Shoots - The traditional beach photoshoot formula of topless shots and smoldering stares is being refreshed with exclusive and stylized swimsuit showcases.
2. Maxim Magazine Profiles - Maxim Magazine is featuring in-depth interviews and profiles of high-profile models and celebrities like Irina Shayk, creating a more nuanced brand identity.
3. Model-actor Crossovers - Models like Irina Shayk are branching out into acting roles, creating new opportunities for models and potential disruptions to the traditional entertainment landscape.
1. Fashion Photography - Fashion photographers and editors can disrupt the traditional beach photoshoot formula by incorporating exclusive and stylized swimsuit showcases.
2. Magazine Publishing - Magazine publishers like Maxim can differentiate themselves by featuring in-depth interviews and profiles of high-profile models and celebrities to create a more nuanced brand identity.
3. Entertainment - Models like Irina Shayk crossing over into acting roles could disrupt the traditional entertainment landscape and create new opportunities for models to expand their careers.