Like birds of paradise, the models at the Matthew Williamson Spring 2011 show strutted bold and beautiful feathers down the runway. With this exotic element, there was nonetheless a futuristic flair as well in the construction of some of the pieces.
With tons of embellishment, including fringe, sequins and cutouts, the Matthew Williamson Spring 2011 collection is a feast for the eyes. These details were, however, "tamed by simpler silhouettes," as Fab Sugar notes, creating a cool balance between unique style and classic forms.
The Matthew Williamson Spring 2011 Line has an Exotic Element
1. Exotic Embellishment - Opportunity for textile and fashion designers to experiment with bold and unique embellishments inspired by exotic elements.
2. Futuristic Fashion - Opportunity for fashion designers to create interesting and innovative futuristic designs using unconventional materials and techniques.
3. Elevated Classicism - Opportunity for fashion designers to incorporate classic silhouettes into bold, eye-catching designs for a fresh take on traditional fashion.
1. Textile and Fabric Production - Opportunity for textile manufacturers to develop unique fabrics with a focus on bold, exotic embellishments.
2. Fashion Design - Opportunity for fashion designers to experiment with unconventional materials and techniques to create futuristic fashion that is both striking and wearable.
3. Luxury Fashion Retail - Opportunity for luxury fashion retailers to incorporate exotic and futuristic styles into traditionally classic designs, catering to consumers looking for a fresh and unique take on classic fashion.