Martha Davis's Autumn/Winter 2009 line is a festival of funk. There are fun, heel-less boots that shouldn't be worn in the snow, fierce kitten-heel boots with a Stegosaurus ridge running up the back seam, colorful and strappy heels, and wide-leg ankle boots.
With footwear this fun, bearing the fall and winter weather surely won't be as bad!
Implications - Mischief is a legitimate aesthetic quality when it comes to appealing to young and modern consumers, so collections like these definitely are on to something. By embracing a playful and counter-intuitive approach to fashion, designers like Martha Davis demonstrate that contemporary consumers are ready and willing to embrace products that are unexpected the quirky.
Martha Davis A/W ‘09 Line Has Cutouts & Stegosaurus Ridges
1. Funky Fall Footwear - Designing fashion products with unconventional aesthetics and playful styles.
2. Counterintuitive Fashion - Creating fashion items that defy conventional expectations and surprise customers with unexpected designs.
3. Mischief Fashion - Incorporating playful and quirky attributes into fashion designs to appeal to modern consumers.
1. Fashion Retail - Retail stores can offer fashion products with unconventional designs to attract customers looking for unique and playful styles.
2. Fashion Design - Designers can create fashion items that defy conventional expectations and surprise customers with unexpected designs to stand out from competitors.
3. Consumer Goods Manufacturing - Manufacturers can use unconventional designs and playful features to create fashion products that cater to modern consumer preferences for unexpected and quirky products.