While some restaurants are instituting pay-as-you-feel models or incorporating a social good mission related to payment, this pop-up eatery asks guests to wash dishes as payment as part of a marketing exercise. The Mir Restaurant in France redesigned La Bastide d'Opio to feature a dishwashing sink in the main dining area in an effort to promote their dishwashing liquid.
Customers can order food items off a menu, which consists of appetizers, main meals and desserts. However, instead of listing a price, it has an icon that shows what you have to wash in exchange for your food. While this campaign is part of a marketing exercise, the model could potentially be implemented in regular restaurants to encourage empathy or reduce staff.
This Marketing Exercise Asks Diners to Do Dishes As Payment
1. Pay-as-you-feel Models - Implementing pay-as-you-feel models in restaurants creates opportunities for customers to contribute their skills or services as payment, disrupting traditional payment systems.
2. Social Good Mission - Incorporating a social good mission into restaurant operations allows for innovative approaches to payment, such as asking customers to perform tasks that benefit the community or environment.
3. Empathy-based Models - Using empathy-based models in the restaurant industry, like asking customers to wash dishes as payment, can lead to disruptive innovations that foster personal connections and mutual understanding.
1. Food Service Industry - In the food service industry, implementing pay-as-you-feel models or incorporating social good missions can drive disruptive innovation in payment systems and customer experiences.
2. Hospitality Industry - Within the hospitality industry, exploring empathy-based models that encourage customers to contribute their skills or services as payment opens up opportunities for disruptive innovation in guest interactions and satisfaction.
3. Marketing Industry - In the marketing industry, leveraging innovative campaigns like work-trade restaurant campaigns can lead to disruptive approaches to promoting products or services and capturing customer attention.