The Marie Claire China February 2012 editorial is rife with pretty pastels and yummy pastries -- two things that go extremely well together like peanut butter and jelly. Alternating between on-location shots in a cake shop and pinkish studio images, this editorial is as playful and feminine as it is delicious.
Shot by New York City-based fashion photographer Amber Gray, the Marie Claire China February 2012 editorial stars models Masha P and Anna I. They were styled by Guillaume Boulez, who complemented the bakery theme with decadent and ladylike lingerie pieces from fashion houses such as Louis Vuitton, Prada and Jean Paul Gaultier. The multi-hued updos by hairstylist Yoichi Tomizawa and crazily colorful cosmetics by makeup artist David Tibolla finished each look.
The Marie Claire China February 2012 Editorial is Elegantly Delicious
1. Pastry-inspired Fashion - Opportunities to integrate pastry-inspired designs into fashion apparel and accessories.
2. Food-themed Photography - Incorporation of trendy food items as props or themes in fashion photography for increased engagement.
3. Pastel Color Palette - Exploration of the use of pastel colors in fashion and beauty products for a more playful and feminine look.
1. Fashion - Opportunities to experiment with pastry-themed designs in lingerie, clothing, and accessories, and style food-themed photo shoots for editorial and commercial purposes.
2. Food and Beverage - Collaboration with fashion brands to produce pastry items for promotional purposes and gain traction on social media.
3. Beauty - Ideas for creating makeup and nail designs inspired by pastel coloring and sweet desserts.