Margot Krasojevic is attempting to clean Amsterdam's waterways with her newest bridge concept. The bridge is designed to suck up the dirty water of the canals and purify it, all while providing cyclists and pedestrians with a modern and multifunctional crossing point.
This footbridge structure has a look all its own, and similar to that of a vortex. This atypical shape symbolizes the action taking place beneath the bridge, and is sure to make the bridge an attraction to tourists. Aside from cleaning up the canals and giving pedestrians and bikers a place to cross, Margot Krasojevic also included a small coffee shop in the bridge's design. Europe is known for its cutting-edge architectural designs and emphasis on green living, which means that it may not be long until a bridge like this appears in Amsterdam.
Margot Krasojevic Footbridge Aims to Clean Amsterdam's Dirty Canals
1. Water-cleaning Biker Bridges - A trend towards building bridges that incorporate water-cleaning technologies to help purify polluted waterways.
2. Multifunctional Footbridge Design - A trend in designing bridges that serve multiple purposes, such as providing a crossing point for pedestrians and cyclists while also incorporating features like coffee shops or other amenities.
3. Architectural Innovation in Green Living - A trend in incorporating cutting-edge architectural designs and sustainable features into urban infrastructure projects.
1. Architecture and Design - The architecture and design industry can explore opportunities to create more sustainable and functional footbridges that incorporate water-cleaning technologies and serve multiple functions.
2. Environmental Services - The environmental services industry can benefit by developing and implementing water purification technologies for use in bridge structures to improve water quality in polluted areas.
3. Tourism and Hospitality - The tourism and hospitality industry can capitalize on the growing interest in unique architectural designs by promoting and hosting events in visually appealing bridges that also offer amenities like coffee shops or recreational spaces.