Fashion label Advisory Board Crystals collaborated with artist Ai Weiwei to release charitable hoodies in support of The Marciano Art Foundation and the International Rescue Committee. The hoodies are complete in a light gray color and are decorated with graphics that are hand-drawn in reference to the visuals true to Weiwei's 'life cycle' work.
Weiwei explains that it is important to establish "the understanding that we all belong to one humanity [...] as it is the most essential step for how we might continue to coexist on this sphere we call Earth." The pieces are representative of breaking down bordering ideas between humanity. To correlate to this uniting theme, the hoodies boast an Earth design along with metallic and colorful scribbles. There are also brain and heart emblems incorporated, and hand-drawn arrows to unite it all.
These Ai Weiwei Pieces Support the Marciano Art Foundation
1. Charitable Fashion Collaborations - Opportunity for brands to collaborate with artists for charitable causes.
2. Graphic Design in Fashion - Incorporating hand-drawn graphics into fashion design is becoming more prevalent and appealing to consumers.
3. Uniting Humanity Through Design - Designers can use fashion to promote unity and break down bordering ideas between humanity.
1. Fashion Industry - Fashion brands can collaborate with artists to create limited edition pieces for charitable causes.
2. Art Industry - Artists can collaborate with fashion brands to expand their reach and promote their work through fashion design.
3. Charity and Non-profit Organizations - Charities can partner with fashion brands and artists to raise awareness and funds for social causes.